About Kelsoe Oil
The Beginning of Kelsoe Oil Company
In 1966, Jerry Kelsoe, President of the newly-formed Kelsoe Oil Company, purchased from Mr. Harv Gray, the original Conoco commission agent since 1933, the Denton County franchise. This purchase not only precipitated the selling and servicing of petroleum products by Jerry Kelsoe for the next thirty-four years, but it also fulfilled a childhood dream. As a young boy living on a small cotton farm in Tom Bean, Texas, Jerry idolized the Conoco men who delivered gasoline. He determined that when he grew up, he was going to be the Conoco man, and he never gave up on that dream. In a few short years, the franchise became a jobbership and expanded into different brands, growing and changing with the complexities of the fuel business.
By 2000, Jerry’s interest and focus pivoted to real estate. Needing more time for this endeavor, he decided to relinquish the fuel service operation to Bill and Kaylin Farmer. Under Bill and Kaylin, Kelsoe Oil became more centered on unbranded fuels and transportation. They also added K’s Containers, selling and renting 20’ and 40’ shipping containers.
As a family owned and operated business, the company continues to grow and diversify. However, the commitment to customer service and community involvement remains the same. Jerry’s “old school” values are still the heart of Kelsoe Oil Company.